Monday 29 December 2014

Your Teacher's 2014 Reading Challenge

Joining Goodreads in Jan 2012 was one of the best things I have ever done to improve my reading standards. As you may know, this website was founded in 2006 and "allows individuals to freely search Goodreads' extensive user-populated database of books, annotations, and reviews. Users can sign up and register books to generate library catalogs and reading lists" (Wikipedia)
It's now the world's largest-site for readers and book recommendations and by allowing readers to set goals, I (certainly like so many others) do my best to achieve them!
For 2012 I had set my goal in reading 24 books and tough as it was juggling reading, schoolwork, housework, kids... I promised myself I would do it. And I did!!!For 2013, I was more modest and my Reading Challenge was 20 books - and so was the goal for the current year of 2014.

Besides the easiness with which all readers can keep track of their readings (or lack of them!), the visual reminders (or rather, the gadgets with the shelf and counting the books we can embed in our blogs / websites) have also worked for me either telling me I am one / two books ahead or behind and I become aware that I have to allocate more time to my reading (even if that means sleeping fewer hours ;) )
In the beginning of December, even before I had completed this year's reading goal, the nice folks at Goodreads sent me this:
- the list of books I have read throughout 2014
- the stats of those books


How pleased I was!!! This is another reason why I'm definitely joining their 2015 Reading Challenge!!!
What about you? Why don't you try it for 2015??? Challenge yourself and let me/us know!

One last thing...
Here's my top book recommendation from the ones I read in 2014 using a web 2.0 free tool we've tried before Vine (remember, João Carecho and Diogo Ricardo?)


Happy Reading(s) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment