Tuesday 11 November 2014

Tradition To Our Table

Chestnut season is here!

Tradition says that on November 11th there are chestnuts at our table, right?
Here are my fresh chestnuts ready to go to the oven to be roasted. Can't wait to eat them with my boys and husband. What about you?

In France traditions are different, though.
Please check this info shared by your teacher, Anita Duarte.

Pas d'école le 11 novembre! Mais pourquoi?


Le 11 novembre, le président de la République François Hollande et deux adolescents déposent une gerbe devant la tombe du soldat inconnu, sur laquelle brûle en permanence une flamme.
 © Philippe Wojazer/ Pool/ AFP

1jour1actu.com/ 

4 comments:

  1. I have eaten chestnuts on Sunday but today, day S.Martinho, i did not eaten. I think the school should have done a magusto, like we used to make in the 1st cycle, had been fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, João, I didn't eat any on Sunday, but I've already enjoyed my roasted chestnuts today, on St. Martins Day. They came out delicious! Yummy!!!

      Delete
  2. I have eaten cheasnuts once and didn´t like.
    However I really like to peel them =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chestnuts :)
    The best chestnuts are from Portugal <3

    ReplyDelete