Sunday 22 March 2015

Riddle

What Am I?

I have no colour,
not even white.
but sometimes I'm wide and blue.
Sometimes I'm still,
and sometimes I rush,
and I can fall down on you.

I can change my shape,
I often do,
but I'm hard to hold in your hand.
You need me to make
your castle stand up
when you're playing in the sand.

I haven't much taste
but on a hot day
your tongue's hanging out for me. 
Then I'm cold,
but I can be hot
When I'm in your mum's cup of tea.

WHAT AM I?
Jo Peters, in The Works

1. Here's a different activity: the first of you to guess and explain the riddle correctly will be awarded a prize, but all others who participate today will get something - that's a promise!

2. Another Challenge: for every single book you read during this Easter break and prepare a presentation to share here, in our class blog, you will be awarded another book in return, in English, and suitable to your level of English.
Is there anything else I can do to motivate you to read and engage in our class blog and activities??? Please, do let me know. LOL.

11 comments:

  1. Riddle speaks generally of the water, which can consume and use in several ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Think we are talking about the "water", by their physical state and the color is the water we "kill" often thirst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, boys, but why? Can you add more info? Another question: why this riddle today (22nd March)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the answer is water. Since today marks the World Water Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear João,
      Important info for all, especially if we thnk we live in the 21st century and there are still people around the world who suffer from water related issues. Something else: wasn't it in 1993 that the UN designated 22nd March as the 1st WWD? By potable you mean freshwater / drinking water, correct?

      Delete
    2. On this day we celebrate the World Water Day. This day was created by the UN (United Nations General Organization) on 22 March 1993.
      This day arises to alert the world population, that the potable water is a
      limited natural resource, increasing pollution of rivers and waste of consumption are worrying reasons for the future.

      Delete
    3. You're right, teacher, already corrected.

      Delete