Wednesday 6 April 2016

Hajime Isayama

    Hi, guys! I want to tell you about my favourite author. In reallity, I have two, Hajime Isayama, known for his manga series Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan), and Eiichiro Oda, known for his manga series One Piece, and they're both mangakas. I've decided to talk about Isayama, because I've read all his work until now and I still have a lot of reading to do on One Piece (also, my favourite character dies and I am VERY mad about that!! Thanks a lot, Oda-sensei!!).
    Hajime Isayama has only written Shingeki no Kyojin, which isn't finished yet. He started writing it in 2006 and won a Kodansha Manga Award for it in 2011. It has also been adapted to an anime series, Attack on Titan.

Shingeki no Kyojin (manga)
Attack on Titan (anime)























    Hajime Isayama was born in August 29, 1986 (he's 29 years old). He was born in  Ōyama, Ōita Prefecture, Japan, which is now part of Hita. When he was in high school, Hita Rinko Senior High School, he started submitting manga works to contests. After graduating, he enrolled in the manga design program of the arts department at Kyushu Designer Gakuin.
    Originally, he offered his work to the Weekly Shōnen Jump department, at Shueisha, where he was advised to modify his style and story to be more suitable for them. He declined and decided to take it to the Weekly Shōnen Magazine department, at Kodansha Ltd. They accepted and published Shingeki no Kyojin.
    Well, that's all I have to say, give Shingeki no Kyojin a try, it's amazing and full of twists, and Isayama's art is awesome!

And here's a fabulous titan
Ja ne!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joana,
    I've never read manga, but my youngest son is a great fan of manga and animes :) Now, do you read manga in Portuguese or in English?
    What I like best from your post... is your fab titan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) I read manga in English, but I would like to be able to read it in Japanese...
      And thanks, Attack on Titan has some amazing Titans

      Delete