Wednesday 6 April 2016

Nicholas Sparks, my favourite writer

My favourite writer

Dear Teacher Alex,
Thank you for the email. My favourite writer is Nicholas Sparks. He is my favourite writer, because he writes the best romance books, as an excellent and an impressive way to write, to describe things, to create characters. I started buying his books when I was about twelve years old. Since then I have been tempted to buy all his books, because the stories are so rare and unexpected.
Sparks was born in Omaha, the estate of Nebraska, United Estates of America, on  31st of December, in 1965. He has a degree in Corporate Finance from the University of Notre Dame. His best book, in my opinion, is The Notebook. It’s about a love story, a very emotional story, which follows Allie and Noah. A sentence that I love in the book is  "I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough".
This book was a best seller and later,  in 2004, there was a movie based on the book. I recommend all to read the book and watch the movie. Just a warning...you will cry.
Write soon, 
Rachel

The link to the trailer of the movie if you want to have a look at it: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC6biTjEyZw

http://zip.net/bvs7jk
Nicholas Sparks
http://zip.net/brs6Vd
The book
PS: Sometimes the must "cliches" books are the ones that keep you read all night long. 

1 comment:

  1. Raquel, a confession first: I have never read a single book by Nicholas Sparks and do you know why? Well, it's too much love for me :) but, above all, because I've already read and corrected so many reviews on his books that, by now, I already know a good deal of the stories LOL.
    Thanks for sharing your opinion and links; one day I'll start reading one of his books and they should be really good based on such positive reviews you all write and on the huge number of fans he has ;)

    ReplyDelete