Wednesday 6 April 2016

Sophia de Mello Breyner

Dear Teacher Alex,
Thanks very much for your email. My favorite writer is Sophia de Mello Breyner. She was born on 6th November, 1919. She died on 2nd July, 2004. She attended the University of Lisbon. The Sea Girl (A Menina do Mar) is the best book, in my opinion; it is one of the stories that touched me deeply when I was younger. It's about a boy who lived near the beach and one day decided to go to the beach and heard some laughter. When he saw it was a girl and when he looked carefully, he saw it was a mermaid. And they started talking and he saw a being from the sea who was funny because there were beautiful things on the ocean floor. I like this writer because she writes (used to write!) with soul.
Write soon, 
Carolina.


ME!!!!! 
BOOK COVER "THE SEA GIRL"

1 comment:

  1. I also love Sophia's books, Carolina. I believe I've read them all already ;)

    ReplyDelete